College Information Sessions & Open Houses
Is currently offering:
- Online High School Visits*
- Weekly Online Information Sessions
- Virtual Campus Tours
- 1-on-1 Video Chats with Admission Counselors
Please explore our Virtual Experiences page to find and schedule the right opportunity. We hope you will share this resource with students, families, and your counseling colleagues.
Discover Middlebury is typically a “fly-in” program that provides a full travel scholarship to campus for its participants. This year, in the interest of everyone’s health and safety, Discover Middlebury will be a virtual event. Many hours of virtual programming will be available for participants over the week of October 11th. This programming will offer a window into student and academic life at Middlebury. Events will include opportunities to engage with program participants, current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Discover Middlebury is open to seniors from traditionally underrepresented groups: African American, Latinx, Asian American, and American Indian students; students with demonstrated financial hardship; and students who will be first in their families to attend college. The deadline to apply is September 14th, 2020.
- Information Sessions
- Virtual Information Engagement Workshop Sessions (30-minute webinars offering a focused glimpse into a unique aspect of the Smith experience)
- "Office Hours" (an informal way to connect with admission officers)
The University of Scranton is hosting its second Junior Virtual Open House on Saturday, June 6, 2020.This online, interactive event provides students with an inside look at our campus and community. Without leaving their home, juniors can hear from our students and staff, access special content and receive answers to their questions. Throughout the Junior Virtual Open House, there are opportunities to:
- Attend live, interactive panels, including:
- Financial Aid
- Student Life
- Academics (students from various academic majors will be represented)
- Virtually tour our campus
- View newly-recorded videos, like Pre-Health Professions (Pre-Med), Performance Music and more
Bard, The Culinary Institute of America, Marist, RPI, Vassar, and West Point are excited to announce our first-ever virtual Hudson River College Cruise!
This collaborative and informative event about the college search process will take place on Tuesday, June 9th and Wednesday, June 10th. The "cruise" will allow students to hear from college admission experts at each institution through a series of presentations and live Q&As, all designed to help make the college search and application process less stressful and more productive. All events are open to all high school students and their families.
To learn more visit www.marist.edu/hrcc. We encourage you to share this exciting event with your students, and welcome you to join any presentations that are of interest to you.
The Eller College of Management is ranked among the top 20 public business schools in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report and we are looking for great students interested in studying one of our ten majors. Throughout the year, the Eller College offers in person tours for counselors, prospective students, and their guests interested in learning more about the Eller Experience.
Due to COVID-19 we are currently not able to offer in-person tours. We are offering virtual information sessions every Tuesday and Friday at 12:30 p.m. through August 22 (with the exception of July 3).
Please sign up for a Virtual Information Session and select a date to attend. Then click on the Eller Virtual Information Session.
The Tuesday sessions will cover academics (majors, classes, resources, our Professional Admissions, and Advanced Standing processes). The Friday sessions will focus on outside the classroom topics such as how to get involved, career placement resources, and outcomes. All Eller sessions will include:
- PowerPoint slides with bullet points to follow along
- An Eller staff member describing the information (live)
- A chat function for asking questions during or following each session
U MASS - Lowell
We’re excited to invite your students to Junior Preview Day. On Wednesday, June 17 at 10 a.m., they’ll be able to visit our virtual event to learn everything they need to know about UMass Lowell from the comfort of their own home.
Junior Preview Day was designed to help students determine if UMass Lowell is a good fit for them and their academic and career goals. They’ll be able to:
- Participate in live chats with faculty and current students
- Discover our programs of study
- Chat with admissions representatives and get tips about preparing their application
SUNY - The State University of New York
Information Sessions Include:
- Which SUNY are You?
- Financial Aid
- The Arts at SUNY
- Transferring to SUNY
- Health Sciences at SUNY
Discover Union: Virtual Open Houses
Thursdays at 7 p.m.
This hour-long program provides the opportunity to learn more about Union College from a variety of voices, including faculty and current students. At 8 p.m., participants can stay in the session for a virtual tour of Union's campus with one of our student guides.
Weekdays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
During these sessions, an admissions dean gives an overview of the College and answers questions.
Weekdays at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
Interviews are recommended at Union, and are available now for current high school juniors.
Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and Saturdays at 11 a.m.
Student tour guides offer live narrated versions of the virtual tour, while answering questions and sharing their Union stories.
Note: A self-guided version of the virtual tour is accessible 24/7. A short video tour of campus highlighting “must see” stops is also available.
- Tartan Talks - This online student panel series will allow prospective students to learn more about the student experience at Carnegie Mellon. Each Tartan Talk will feature our Tartan Ambassadors sharing their experiences within academics, activities, research, the city of Pittsburgh and more. Students can register here for a Tartan Talk!
- Admission Insights - This webinar series will provide behind-the-scenes insights from our admission counselors, with each webinar focusing on a different part of the college search and application process. Topics will include building a college list, making the most of virtual visits, how admission decisions are made and much more. Students can register for one (or all!) of our Admission Insights here!
These events can be accessed by Zoom or phone, and students can feel free to invite family to join. If you or your students have any questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.268.2082.
About College Benefits Research Group
We serve college-bound students and families by demystifying the process of searching for a proper college “fit”, and by providing outstanding support during the application and aid processes.
Our extensive research takes you behind the scenes and allows you to make more informed decisions. Our process allows for flexibility to meet the myriad of familial and student needs.