The Academy believes that a student who experiences a healthy mix of academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities throughout her educational career will be in a better position to be a leader in the world.
By striving to succeed on the playing field, students cultivate life-long skills. The student athlete is better at managing her time, and is a more accountable member of society having had experiences as a team player. We believe that a student athlete learns to win with class, and accept defeat with grace.
The sense of camaraderie and teamwork here is outstanding, and is a product of our school’s philosophy.
Here are some quick facts about Panther Athletics:
- We offer 10 varsity sports, and a JV level is also offered for volleyball, field hockey, basketball and lacrosse
- The long-standing AOSE equestrian program was the first and for many years the only high school squad in the state, establishing a model for other schools to welcome equestrian athletes
- Over 75% of our students participate in at least one interscholastic team
- We share most facilities with the College of St. Elizabeth, offering a great opportunity for high school athletes to enjoy NCAA-level amenities
- Our memberships include: New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA), the Northwest Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC), New Jersey Independent Schools Athletic Association (NJISAA), and North Jersey Interscholastic Girls Lacrosse League (NJIGLL)